(Last updated on 28-10-2020)
By visiting the site and interacting with or using the site, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY ACT COMPLIANCE STATEMENT
- ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE
- WHAT DATA IS BEING COLLECTED
- PERMISSIONS WE ASK THE END USER
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- THIRD-PARTY COLLECTING DATA AND LINK
- SHARING OF DATA TO THIRD PARTY
- HOW IS THE DATA USED BY THE ORGANIZATION
- IS THERE ANY USAGE OF COOKIES OR WEB BEACONS AND COLLECTION OF ANONYMISED DATA
- IS THERE ANY USAGE OF THIRD-PARTY PLUGINS AND COLLECTION OF DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
- STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- YOUR CONSENT
- RETENTION OF DATA
- PUBLICATION POLICIES
- DATA OF CHILDREN
- LEGAL DISCLOSURES
- RIGHTS YOU HAVE
- SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SECURITY
- COMMITMENT TO GDPR COMPLIANCE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU)
- WHOM CAN YOU APPROACH IN CASE OF GRIEVANCES
ELIGIBILITY: The services of the website/Application are available only to persons who are competent to enter into a legally binding contract, which is 18 years, under the Indian Contract Act 1872. Persons who are incompetent to enter into a contract under this act, including un-discharged solvents, minors, etc. are not eligible for the services provided for this website and hence shall not register as a user or transact on this website/Application.
WHAT DATA IS BEING COLLECTED?
- We collect and process the Personal Data that you directly and voluntarily provide through our Website/Application.
- We may collect information such as your name, username, email address, age, gender, phone number, location to provide you the best user experience.
- If you use our Web Site/Application, we may collect information about the browser you are using, and your browsing behavior. We may also collect information posted on third-party websites or social media platforms about our products and services, when
- Your personal information is collected either directly from you (e.g., if you create an account on our Website/Application or make a purchase or otherwise interact with our client advisors overcall), or from you passively (e.g., when using tracking tools like browser cookies), or from third parties (e.g. through social media platforms).
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of some of our services/ features/ products and will not be able to receive the product or service you ordered or otherwise register on our web sites, apps or other
- We also share the data with third-party vendors under some circumstances like Google Analytics (https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/privacy-policy-google- analytics/ ) (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US), Facebook Pixels (https://www.facebook.com/policy.php ), Quora Pixels (https://www.quora.com/about/pixel_privacy) or to show personalized ads from different Ad networks.
- When you visit or leave our Services (including our plugins or cookies or similar technology on the sites of others), we receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We also get information about your IP addresses, proxy server, operating system, web browser, and add-ons, device identifier and features, and/or ISP or your mobile carrier. If you use our Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location. Most devices allow you to prevent location data from being sent to us and we honor your settings.
- If you decide to avail of our services on the Website/Application, we collect some additional information in order to complete the We collect information such as billing address, tracking information from cheques/money orders, and/or other necessary payment details to process the payments. However, we do not store any information related to credit card/debit card, CVV Number, expiry date, or 3D secure password, online banking username, or password. All the card/online banking related details are collected by a third-party payment gateway. We receive and store limited information including the transaction ID, time, name, and other details entered by you on the website/application of the payment gateway necessary to identify and verify the payment made by you. Whatever your chosen online mode of payment, you can be assured that our trusted gateway partner uses secure encryption technology in order to keep your transactional details confidential at all times. These gateways are managed by leading Banks who use the 3D Secure password service, created by you, to provide an additional layer of security to our online transactions.
PERMISSIONS WE ASK AN END USER
Our Website/Application will ask for the following permissions to an end-user:
- Location Permission: Which helps us to know where a user’s location is, which helps us to serve users’ localized contents and to power some features like Invite friends etc.
- Camera Permission: Which helps users to take photos and videos from our app and post/share it directly in our app.
- Contacts Permission: Which help us to sync users contacts from their device to our app to power some feature like User recommendations, Invite friends, etc.
- Gallery Permission: Which help us to show the users photos and videos and other files in our app and user can share/post these files in our app
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the information described for the purposes specified at the time of collection or hereafter in this Policy:
- To operate, improve, understand and personalize our services based on our legitimate business interest in operating our services in a way that benefits us and our users
- Create and manage user profiles
- Communicate with you about the services
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates, or offers
- We may use your information to customize your experience with us and to tailor our marketing activities to fit your needs and interests to better serve you and respond to your needs
- Provide support and assistance for the services
- To process your order and transaction: for example, we use your information to process your order and deliver your products
- Personalize and improve your experience on our digital platforms
- Personalize website/application content and communications based on your preferences Commented
- We use the information to maintain transaction and another business record for legal, administrative, and audit purpose
- We use the information to meet legal, insurance, and processing requirement
- Respond to user inquiries or questions
- Fulfill user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, misuse, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
- To communicate with you about your account or our relationship: we may contact you about changes to the site or about service updates
- We may also use your information to contact for feedback
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how you use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- How you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- Your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- Your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- What content you like or share
- Which adverts you saw and responded to
- Which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- Your subscription status
- Information collected in any forms you complete
We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms and we may analyze which marketing activity led to your taking specific action on our digital platforms.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Through this Website/Application, we only collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors having regard to the purpose of its disclosure. We receive limited personal information, such as name, country, age, birth date, bio, company address, email address, and telephone numbers from website/application visitors. Demographic information, including gender, is collected. It is our policy to limit the information collected to only the minimum information required to complete a visitor’s request. Visitors are also able to send emails through this site. Their messages will contain the user’s screen name (as provided by the visitor) and email address, as well as any additional information the user may wish to include in the message.
If you choose to register or login to our Website/Application using a third party single sign-on service that authenticates your identity and connects your social media login information (e.g., LinkedIn, Google, or Twitter) without a Website, we will collect any information or content needed for the registration or log-in that you have permitted the social media provider to share with us, such as your name and email address. Other information we collect may depend on the privacy settings you have set with your social media provider, so please review the privacy statement or policy of the applicable service.
In some cases where you have registered for certain services, we may store your email address temporarily until we receive confirmation of the information you provided via an email (i.e. where we send an email to the email address provided as part of your registration to confirm a subscription request). The platforms we use to send emails are Google Firebase (https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy) and AWS (AMAZON WEB SERVICE) – SES (https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/)
We also send the OTP and messages (‘invite a friend feature in-app’) using Twilio (https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy) When a user requests an OTP or invite a friend, we send that number in the international format to Twilio and from Twilio an SMS/Automated voice call will be sent to an end-user.
THIRD-PARTY COLLECTING DATA AND LINK
SHARING OF DATA TO THIRD PARTY
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Affiliated companies and business partners
- Service provider or agent who perform services on our behalf
- Any third party as part of business restructuring or reorganization
- We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested from us.
In addition to those set forth above, parties also include:
- Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you through the services)
- Social media (if you interact with them through your use of the services)
- Third-party business partners who you access through the services
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business, or our users, for example, to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications, and investigate or protect against fraudulent activity.
We also share Personal Data with third parties when you give us consent to do so. Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets based on our legitimate business interest of being able to provide you with continued services. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy
HOW IS THE DATA USED BY THE ORGANIZATION?
We generally collect only the personal information necessary to fulfill your request. Where additional, optional information is sought, you will be notified of this at the point of collection.
Use of Personal Information
The main purposes of collecting personal information about individuals are as follows:
- Providing Services
- Respond to an individual’s request
- Maintaining contact with clients
- Keeping clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer and industry developments that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars, and other events we organize.
- Send you marketing/promotional communications;
- Send newsletter(s) to you, subject to your subscription
- General Management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management
- Provide customer support and the services you request;
- Resolve disputes, if any, and troubleshooting;
- All other lawful purposes related to our business and in furtherance to the fulfillment of lawful contact.\
information collected by us through this site is used only for the intended purpose stated at the time that the information is collected or for the purposes specified above.
IS THERE ANY USAGE OF COOKIES OR WEB BEACONS AND COLLECTION OF ANONYMISED DATA?
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our Website/Application. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this Website/Application on each visit.
We automatically collect and temporarily store the following information about your visit:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The pages you visited; and
- The address of the website you came from when you came to visit We use this information for statistical purposes and to help us make our site more useful to visitors. Unless it is specifically stated otherwise, no additional information will be collected about you.
Other third-party tools and widgets may be used on our individual web pages to provide additional functionality. Use of these tools or widgets may place a cookie on your device to make their service easier to use, and ensure your interaction is displayed on our webpages properly.
Cookies by themselves do not tell us your email address or otherwise identify you personally. In our analytical reports, we may obtain other identifiers including IP addresses, but this is for the purpose of identifying the number of unique visitors to our websites and geographic origin of visitor trends, and not to identify individual visitors.
BY NAVIGATING ON OUR WEBSITE/APPLICATION OR ENTERING YOUR LOGIN DETAILS TO ACCESS AREAS RESERVED FOR REGISTERED USERS, YOU AGREE THAT WE CAN PLACE THESE COOKIES ON YOUR COMPUTER OR INTERNET ENABLED DEVICE.
A web beacon is a small image file on a web page that can be used to collect certain information from your computers, such as an IP address, the time the content was viewed, a browser type, and the existence of cookies previously set by the same server. We only use web beacons in accordance with applicable laws. We or our service providers may use web beacons to track the effectiveness of third-party web sites that provide us with marketing services or to gather aggregate visitor statistics and manage cookies.
You have the option to render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address but cookie information will not be recorded.
In some of our newsletters and other communications, we may monitor recipient actions such as email open rates through embedded links within the messages. We collect this information to gauge user interest and to enhance future user experiences.
IS THERE ANY USAGE OF THIRD-PARTY PLUGINS AND COLLECTION OF DATA BY THIRD PARTIES?
Social Media Widgets and Applications
We may host blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing, and other applications or services (collectively “social media features”). The purpose of social media features is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and content. Any personal information that you provide on any website social media feature may be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise stated at the point of collection), over whom we may have limited or no control.
Advertisements and third party sites
The user data we share with third-party ad networks and ad mediation platforms to serve personalized ads are:
Google AdMob (https://admob.google.com/home/)
Note: Some of the above ad networks have their own ad mediation platforms but we are not using them.
An Ad mediation platform helps us to manage and serve ads from more than one ad network or demand sources and it also helps us to optimize the ads, waterfall, etc. The Ad Mediation platform which we are working with are:
Note: Bidmachine and Appodeal come under stack company https://explorestack.com/ The ad mediation platform we are dealing with is Appodeal and all other ad networks which are mentioned above are connected to Appodeal. We add the appodeal SDK in our app and the appodeal SDK will collect data from our app and send it or share it with other ad networks which are mentioned above to serve ads on our app.
What User-identifiable data is tracked by Appodeal?
Appodeal collects 4 categories of data:
- Device data — such as screen size, IP address, location (latitude and longitude), battery charge level, time zone, etc.
- Appodeal also collects app data, such as Bundle ID, store URL, session length, session ID.
- Ad data: impression count per session, click count, finish count, total impression count.
- User data (which we pass to appoeal): gender, age, relationship status, interests.
We will be using Native Ads in our app. See more info about it here-> https://www.appodeal.com/home/blog/native-ads-characteristics- integration-support/#
STORAGE & TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal information we possess through our Website/Application may be transferred to, and processed in, to a jurisdiction outside India in which we, our group companies, or our service providers or partners operate, and this may include countries other than the country in which you are not a resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the applicable law in India. However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice
Data Storage: We store all our user data in various locations in the world such as the USA, India, Europe regions of Google Cloud Datacenters, etc. These data include images/videos and all personal information provided by the user. For storage purposes, we also use some other services like Google Analytics (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US ), Firebase (https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy), & Google Cloud (https://cloud.google.com/security/privacy). Google Firebase is a part of google cloud services and we use it for storing data and all other information related to a user. Google Analytics collects data from our app for analytics purposes like Time of visit, Engagement rate, Platform of a user, screen size, time spent on the app, user retention rate, active users, and a lot more.
RETENTION OF DATA
We retain your personal information for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide the services to you and improve the services for all users generally. In some cases, we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterward, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
- The user of Dolfix shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit update or share certain prohibited categories of information (Prohibited Information) listed below:
- belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights;
- violates any law for the time being in force;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offense or prevents investigation of any offense or is insulting any other nation
DATA OF CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any data from anyone who is under the age of 18 years. If you are under the age of 18 years, please do not attempt to register for the services or send any personal data or sensitive data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected any type of Data from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a user under 18 may have provided us any personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonable too (1) investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations (4) protect the security or integrity of our service (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of our company, our Members, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand
RIGHTS YOU HAVE
Right to information: You have the right to get informed about how your personal data is being processed when your personal data is being collected and information about the processing of your personal data
Right to access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. If you request such access, we will provide you with all the information as required by law on the purposes of the processing, categories of data processed, categories of recipients, data retention with us, etc.).
Right to be forgotten/deletion/Erase: You have the right to restrict or prevent us from continuing disclosure of data processed about you to date; If would like to delete your personal data in our records you have the right to do so (link to “Data Erasure Request Form”)
Right to correction: You have the right to correct or update your personal data
Withdrawal of consent: If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our services
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please feel free to write to us at [email protected] . We will reach you out within 48 hours and guide you on how you can exercise any of these right timely and accurately.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND SECURITY
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal data secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal data for us to do the same. Access to your personal data is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification, or misuse and is only permitted among our business partners, employees, and agents on a need-to-know basis. We value the security of your Information, including but not limited to the Information collected via the site or service. We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, destruction, and any other form of unauthorized processing. However, to the extent that the Internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee that any of your personal information stored or sent to us will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the internet to access our website/Application or any services.
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of our data collection for ad serving and for interest-based advertising, receiving any promotional, marketing-related communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account. These settings must be performed on each device (including each internet browser on each device) for which you want to opt-out.
Whenever you uninstall our Application, we will stop collecting data from you. Once a user has deleted the account with us, all data of the user will be deleted from our side.
We use Appodeal (https://www.appodeal.com/home/partners-privacy-policies/), the ad mediation platform which will collect data from our app to serve high-quality personalized ads. The Appodeal will share these data with third-party ad networks. To opt-out of Appodeal, the user has to approach us only. We shall contact Appodeal to opt-out, and the user will get an opt-out link through which the user can opt-out of Appodeal from data collection.
COMMITMENT TO GDPR COMPLIANCE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION (EU)
We are committed to the principles inherent in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and particularly to the concepts of Privacy by design & Privacy by default, the right to be forgotten, consent, and risk-based approach. In addition, we aim to ensure:
- Transparency with regard to the use of data
- That any processing is lawful, fair, transparent and necessary for a specific purpose
- That data is accurate, kept up to date, and removed when no longer necessary
- That data is kept safely and securely
WHOM CAN YOU APPROACH IN CASE OF GRIEVANCES
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: KIRANRAJ KANAKARAJ GEETHA
Address: DOLFIX TECHNOLOGY PRIVATE LIMITED, 5/8 Geetham House, Parayamvila, Viraly, Kulathoor, Uchakkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India. PIN 695506
Email ID: For Copyright or Trademark Issues: [email protected]
For Privacy Issues: [email protected]
For all other purposes: [email protected]